ClientPflegen und Wohnen Betriebs GmbH
- German firm specialising in care for the elderly
- 13 sites in Hamburg for 2,800 residents
- Communications system for all 13 facilities
- System telephones, residents’ phones, DECT infrastructure
- Internet access available to the residents
Pflegen und Wohnen Betriebs GmbHPflegen und Wohnen Betriebs GmbH runs twelve care centres for the elderly with a total capacity of 2,800 beds as well as a centre for people suffering from alcohol addiction. The twelve facilities, which used to be run by the city council, are now under private ownership.
All 13 care facilities were to get a new communications system that worked reliably and cost-effectively. As well as needing system telephones for each manager’s office, analogue phones were required for the residents plus a DECT infrastructure for health care providers.
Pflegen und Wohnen Betriebs chose an Aastra system solution in which each care centre received an independent communications system with an exchange line circuit of its own (S2M and S0) and an additional network link to a main system via LAN/IP over SDSL. The system included a flat rate for all calls made via the exchange. The DECT infrastructure for health care providers was integrated in each centre’s own nurse-call system. Internet access was set up in a number of the customer’s new buildings using a structured cabling system. Web access in its older facilities was provided via a wireless DECT LAN/IP set-up.
- 12 OpenCom® 1300 and 1 OpenCom® 1010
- DECT infrastructure
- Aastra 6770 Series system telephones
- The telephone system has been adapted to suit the care centres’ needs
- Cost-effective operation
- The DECT infrastructure is linked to the nurse-call system
- Internet access for residents